I bought a reburb MZ-R50 from the Sony outlet about a week ago for $170.  Thanks to
everyone for their input that helped me in making my decision.  I don't have any
regrets so far.  I do have a few questions though;

the track mark on the remote does not work in normal play mode.  is there something I
have to do to make it work?  everything else seems to function fine.

when making analog recordings - it seems that background noise is picked up - even
though I'm not using a mic. or the mic input.  Is this normal?  ex. I can hear the
mouse clicks when I play mp3s to record to MD.

this may be minor, but for something that once cost $400; the back of the lid that
opens for the discs is a tiny bit loose when it is shut.  It's as if the lid isn't
secure to the bracket under it that holds the disc.  Anybody else experience this?
Think this is just normal wear and tear?  I realize this IS a refurb unit, but my
understanding is that everything would be fine accept maybe cosmetics.

The motor makes a little noise while searching - somewhat like a floppy in a computer.
 Is this normal?

Thanks guys!  Also - Circuit City still has Memorex 20 pack of 74 min discs for $30!