I don't know about a portable one that will do that, but the Sharp MD-R2
($159 at minidisco.com) has that capability with its remote control.

-- Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would like to know if anyone "out there" can give an opinion on whether an
MD recorder/player (preferably a portable one) is available ("for sale")
that
will allow the user to "punch in" or "input" a track number (or song number)
and play that track number without having to scroll through other tracks.  I
have an MZ-R30 that functions fairly well, but it requires me to "scroll" in
order to play a desired track.