HI all,

    I've built a pair of DIY mics for doing a bit of recording with my MD. I
used a pair of very cheap Electret Condenser Mic Capsules that were so tin
that I needed a magnifying glass to see when I was soldering the wires on.
I'm powering them from a very basic battery box which uses a dead simple 1
resistor, 1 electrolytic capacitor configuration with a power supply (Taken
from the Maplin catalogue and the same as I've seen in the DATHeads FAQ).

Ok, here's my questions:

I know that by increasing the value of the capacitor I can reduce the bass,
but is there a way to boost the treble slightly?

The mic spec. states a power supply range of between 1V and 10V, with 4.5V
being the "optimum supply". What difference will runnig the mics on this
voltage make, as I am currently using a 9V cell. ?

Final Q, just in case somebody knows... Is there a way to shrink heat shrink
tubing without a hot-air gun? I want to make a stick-mic for my MD and would
like to encase the capsule and leads, but don't have a hot-air gun
(hairdryer wont be hot enough I'm sure!).

Thanks :o)

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]