Hi Timothy,

that is very interesting what you wrote. So you work with the DIO 2448?

> 2) Hardware/software resolution.  From what I see on the 'scope, the MDS-PC2
> always puts out 20 bit resolution.  The motherboard S/PDIF always outputs 16
> bit.  The DIO 2448 can output/input16 or 24 bits.

Sorry if I be a little bit OT for MD, but it seems that you know a lot more
than I would like to ask the following.

I am interested in the A/D-conversion of the MD-recorder only. Are there
MD-recorders with 24bit digital output? The Sony MDS-JE 530 has an 24bit
converter, but I have been told that the output is only 16bit, can
you/anyone confirm this.

You say that the Midiman DIO 2448 doesn't work bit by bit with 20bit. So the
old version (20bit, new 24bit) of Midiman's Flying Calf A/D, which is sold
out now, won't be a good idea to buy?

>  Most all software will do
> 16 bits.  Cool Edit 2000 has a 32 bit mode that can be used with the DIO to
> get 24 bit resolution, but it's fairly processor intensive and prone to
> skipping.

Do you use CE2000? Where can I change to 32bit mode? I have CE2000, but I
didn't a lot with CE because I have no soundcard at the moment.

Bert