Says Craig Bernard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

// begin quote:
First off, I'd like to apologize to Mr. Davis for the "he (or she)"
remark.  With the initials, I wasn't sure and I thought it would be
better to be safe than sorry.
// end quote:

Bah! There is no need to apologize for that. How could you know? Don't
worry 'bout it. BTW, all, my name is Jonathan.  ;-)

// begin quote:
As for MD advertising, I've been a subscriber to Sound and Vision for
years (previously Stereo Review) and I have seen MD ads.  Most recently,
a full page ad with a nice picture of a blue MZ-R55.  Unfortunately, I
have to agree that they haven't done anything catchy on TV like Philips
has with the CD-R.  I have seen commercials for MD (a couple of High
School kids recording mix discs in their room if I recall correctly),
but nothing that sticks out in your mind to make you remember.  Sony
could definately use some better marketing.
// end quote:

Actually, all of Philips' commercials seem to be this catchy; I remember
another about their flat TVs (you know, that couple that decides to put
it right over their bed, the morons). I never see any kind of Sony
commercials -- or hear any, for that matter. We fans certainly are doing
our part, but we can't do it all.

It would be nice if they would read this list because they'd get some
good ideas. Plus, it'd probably also be encouraging to them. I suppose
we'll all see whether or not they'll do anything in the end.

J. C. R. Davis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), who's Sony MDS-JE510 is getting repaired
(you know why).