You would be a lot better off recording the two parts separately,
transferring them digitally to a computer and combining them there with a
good multi track audio editor. I use Cakewalk Pro Audio, but there are other
less expensive options (I think Cool Edit Pro is multi track and so is
n-Track studio http://fasoft.com/ which is shareware and very inexpensive).
That way you can edit the sounds and mix them properly. Then just output
them to stereo and record that on a new minidisc.

-- Martin