From: Brent Harding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 2:35 AM
Subject: Re: MD: Using a Timer with Sony MDSJE530

> So, when they are retransmitting the signals off of satellite, or wherever
> they get them, they use this feature to cut out the commercials and put
> there own in?

No, it's purely to enable some features on radio units such as mine to tell
me what type of music I am listening to. I ignore the henre display - pretty
useless really, I know the difference between "news" and "rock" and
"classic" thanks. More useful is theRadio-Text feature. Whilst listening to
Radio 3 I had
[Rachmaninov Paiano Concert No. 2 : Movement 3 : Allegro Non Troppo} (or
something like that) scrolling along the display. I wish it were possible to
transfer this text to MD!

> Why do they use radio text on the radio anyways when the majority of
radios
> don't display it?

Some people find it useful, and it seemed like a good idea at the time I
guess.

> So, you'd hook this tuner up to your md, and use it's
> settings to cause the md to pause and the like?

If the features were built into the tuner and MD you would, but at the
moment they are not available.

> Thinking of using md to
> help do a netcast some day wonce I get it, this tuner could maybe do what
> want.

Not sure I understand what you're planning to do, but if what you need is a
way of chopping out commercials etc. when recording then it would.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]