From: "LAS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> The CR copies of Windows 2000 really lack drivers.  But Win 2000 is designed for
>business use more then people interested in doing
things with video and audio.
> I'm not sure that Microsoft will ever develop drivers for many things.  You had
>better hope that the sound card manufacture has
develops a driver.
> Windows 2000 is going to very disappointing for people that are looking for a new
>version of Windows and not NT.  NT is a true
operating system, but it is not as user friendly as Windows.
> Larry
>
> "Lynch, Jason JD" wrote:
> > Hi Magic,
> > I've had the same problem when i put my new Hoontech card in my machine running
>Win2000 / Win95 (dual boot). When i start up in
win95 all is fine, but win2000 won't support the card.
> > I've done a bit of research on this, and basically i've discovered that we'll need
>to wait until win2000 is officially released
to get a hold of some drivers and liveware software for W2K. I'd say Creative are
sitting on a brand spankin set of drivers for the
SBLive and are just waiting for that win2000 release date to hand them out (Feb 17 is
it?).

I thought microsoft were gonna do a "final" release of Win 9x aka Win 2000 for home
users who may
need support for DOS apps, and an update of NT called Windows Millenium for business
users. I
might have got those two MS app names mixed up and if so I apologise.

I have also heard that Win2000 (the Win98 follow-on I mean) might not have a native
DOS mode, ie it
doesn't have your old AUTOEXEC.BAT CONFIG.SYS and can't run a lot of older programs.
Is this true
as if it is I will definitely stick with Win98 for some time.  If it can run a stable
and fully supported DOS
session I may consider it (but please no horse jokes about the "stable" :-)

And since this was an OS related email, hats off to the guy who ends "the day MS
doesn't suck is
when they develop a vacuum cleaner!".  I love you, that left me helpless for over 5
mins!

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193

Earn a minimum of $20 per hour by watching ads on the net!
Visit http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10164669