On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

        Hi,
>>  do any manufacturers make minidisc decks
>> that  have a carousel feaure, i.e. play 2 or more minidiscs?

> The Sony "car" 6 disk MD player MDX-65 will relay play across all 6 disks.
> need a Sony Head unit or Unilink controller though.

        That's something that looked odd to me, and that seems to be in
the Sony's stupid-non-practical-non-consumer-thinking that stigmates the
minidisc format since its born. Why there aren't any multi-MD home
chargers?

        I see them more practical that car chargers. I have a C670 car
unit, which is a radio/only one MD system. I think the only thing I'd add
to that will be a CD charger, as MDs are way small and light,

As I posted some days ago, a roughly $2 pen-case whose volume is similar
to carrying an agenda, will fit about 8 md's with jacket, being fairly
convenient to carry. (Can't say the same about CDs).

        You can even have a set of md's just for taking them to your car,
and let (as I do) your CD carousel to record whatever it pleases in
"random" mode for all or groups of CDs every now an then, to change your
car listenings. So a MD car charger wouldn't change my life, taking into
account that swapping MDs from the head unit is fairly easy without taking
your eyes from the road (not like CDs).

        Where I see a clear pratical use of a MD charger is at home, where
if you have (as I) a growing number of MDs, and you don't want to deal
with the embarrasment of burning them to CD, you could keep them on the
charger, and let it to play randomly, or by a group to suit mood.

        I assume that the kind of units MD users have are portable, deck,
and car in that order (correct me if I'm wrong) What do you think you'll
buy guys, a $600 6 MD car charger, or a $1000 150-200 MD home charger?

        greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org