If you want digital out, you have to go with a deck.  However, most of them
don't have mike inputs, so you will need a preamp too, unless you can find one
with a mike input.

Are you gonna record in stereo or mono? I see you only mentioned one mike and
didn't say what it was.

Ian Champ wrote:

> I want to use a minidisc to make recordings a four piece acoustic group I'm
> in.
>
> I already have a quality microphone, and I'm looking for a minidisc that
> meets two main criteria ... (1) it should have digital out so that I can
> transfer the music to my PC for editting and cutting CDs without needing to
> go through the rather ordinary A/D converter of my soundcard, and (2) the
> minidisc should allow manual setting of levels (I hate the way portable
> recording devices insist on setting their own levels dynamically!)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Ian Champ

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways