I own a refurbished 702 purchased from onsale.com a while back.  While it
has served me well thus far, and has been a great unit, it has ceased to
operate recently.  The unit will play discs fine, except that all you hear
is hum and really loud key beeps...  After pressing volume once or twice,
the keybeeps decrease (suddenly) to normal volume, but all that is heard is
hum.  It tends to hum considerably more before it has started to play.
I have run the auto-tests in service mode with no success... any help would
be appreciated....

Also, just in case, does anyone know what sharp service costs are in
America? approx., preferably including whatever s+h they require....

Thanks.
---
Phil Genera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sysadmin, http://www.troop474.org/