Hello:

Calvin Walker wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently bought the Sony model 907 microphone, but I am quite
> disappointed by the level of hiss. There is much more hiss than with the
> cheaper microphone (an old Mac PowerBook microphone) that I was using
> before. The sound is more defined, but not as deep. Even if I clean up
> the sound in a graphic equalizer, I never quite get the quality I want.
>
> Any suggestions?

While SONY make some very cool electronics, they are not know for their
microphones. There are many other manufacturers of microphones
specifically designed for MD and DAT use. Check out:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com (our company) as well as:
http://www.core-sound.com
http://www.oade.com
http://www.sonicstudios.com

to name a few.

If you have any questions, please feel free to write or call toll free
800-213-3021. Thanks!

Best regards,

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals