> >i'm the owner of 2 MD sony MZR-35 and i would like to know if you
> >succeeded to find a way for killing the beep of the remote control. I
> >need this information for making an interactive sculpture with remote
> >controlling of the play/pause/sound level.  i did not find any answer
> >in minidisc.com

Chalk up another thing Sony needs to clear up (along with End Search)
before I buy a Sony portable. The Sharp and Aiwa units definately let
you do this (I own one of each). I find the beep to be one of the most
dismally annoying things the Sony units have. I don't mind End Search as
much (I usually record from MP3/CD, anyway).

- Ed.