> The ad starts with several twentysomethings listening to some
> music on a bookshelf system (by Sharp, obviously). After a
> couple of rather uninformative shots of the people "grooving",
> one guy pops out the minidisc, which looks like a blank (it had
> no label I think), puts it into his portable and walks out.
> Cut to: a harbour environment, two guys meet, both with portable
> MD players. They sit down, open their portables and exchange
> the discs. One of them points his indiglo Sharp remote into the
> camera, then they part.  Subtitle: "Digital deal with Sharp
> minidisc" or something like that.

On another note, I remember seeing the Sony MD ads back in or '93-ish in
Hong Kong. The flow of it went something similar. This was at least 6 or
7 years ago, so I'm doing this purely off the top of my head. It started
with a guy listening to music at home (I think it was a deck). "MD in
your home." Pops out the disc, gets into his car, loads it into his head
unit. "MD in your car." Gets to his destination, takes out the disc
again, pops it into his portable. "MD on the go."

Or something like that. Your sypnosis (sp?) of the Sharp ad just
reminded me of it and I wanted to share that.

:)