YOU'RE NOT KIDDING!!  It absolutely baffles me that is so hard to find an MD
boombox that runs on batteries.  Doesn't it also make sense they would make
a boombox that was a player-only, to reduce the cost?  It is obvious that
none of the manufacturers think of boomboxes as extra units people use to
take places and not their primary home machine.  I think it's cool they make
multi-speed dubbing boomboxes but really, is that necessary?

Sigh...this is so ridiculous.

Regards,
Jim