On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Robbins, Geoff wrote:

> Does anyone have any info on how to record MP3's digitally from an older
> Imac.  I have the 333Mhz.  I have been recording through the analog
> (headphone) output, but was wondering if there was some way to hook up a
> digital optical cable to the Imac.

You will need a USB audio device with a TOSLink output. The DATPort and
SonicPort from Opcode have been reported to work very well. The DATPort
has toslink output only, the SonicPort adds analog output. I also believe
Roland has a USB device with optical output. I think minidisco is selling
these right now for around $220.

Ian