On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Rick Kellerman wrote:

> Montego II w/digital out daughterboard.  My question
> is, will either card while hooked up via a digital
> cable still sync and automatically mark each
> track, or will I have to manually insert track marks?

Generally, no. If your MD recorder can do level sync on digital (as my
Sharp 702 can) it will insert track marks if there is a 2 second pause in
between songs. There are even some mp3 playlist managers that have the
option of adding a pause in between songs (Shuffleplay does this, for
example.) My home deck, a Kenwood 1050MD, however, absolutely will not put
track marks in between tracks when recording from the computer. It's not
too much of a pain though because I usually put the track marks in
afterward while listening in my car.

I use an SBLive value with the Hoontech SB digital bracket, but this is
the case no matter what sound card you use.

Ian