Well I found a place that has the Denon DJ minidisc player in Akihabara
(Tokyo).  It was, from memory, 60,000 Yen which you can convert to your
local currency at www.currency.co.nz -- for me it puts it around the same
price as an SL1200, which I guess makes some sense.

My first impression is that it's very big.  The pads to select tracks or
loops take up an inordinate (and I think excessive) amount of space,
making the unit about as big as a normal turntable.  I'd like to see one
that's just a little larger than a portable MD player.  COnsidering any DJ
using the thing won't be able to rely on the venue providing it, you'll
need to lug them around everywhere you go.

Otherwise they're pretty damn good.  Quite likedc it.  Pitch and Speed
control wass sensible and easy to use, loopiong worked quite well.  The
price seems a little high, since a portable is so much cheaper and you'd
need two of them.  But if you're dead keen on being a DJ, probably not a
bad option.

---
Rev Simon Rumble       The Roman Rule:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       The one who says it cannot be done should never
http://www.rumble.net  interrupt the one who is doing it.