I have the Sharp MT-15, which only has a 10-second
buffer.  I put the unit in my shirt pocket and it
never skips.  In fact, I am really enjoying the
portability of this format (which was not one of the
things about MD that first attracted me).  I actually
try to wear shirts with pockets on days that I am
going to listen to the MD.

Also, on the topic of growing tired of favorite
recordings...this has happened to me occasionally.
Compilations are wonderful, though.  And the neat
thing about them (and MD) is that you can redo the
compilations.  Add a few different songs...change the
order.  Sometimes just keeping it fresh will help.
Also, don't be afraid to put a recording away for 6
months.  I have found that when you "rediscover" it,
it's almost like when you first purchased the disc.  I
have some discs (many of which are favorites) that I
only hear once a year...and even some that I go more
than a year between playing.

Best regards,

James
(who is really enjoying his MDs, and thanks everyone
on this list for there help in deciding to enter the
MD world last November)