=== The original message was multipart MIME            ===
 === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===

Hi all md-lovers :-)

<long description of what happened>
I need a new remote. I had the misfortune to have the head of a stereo
plug break off from a set
of headphones I plugged in to the remote. It split in two leaving one
piece inside and one half outside. Bit of a concern really they were my
good Senheisers Hd40s there sure is something to be said for using metal

plugs instead of plastic ones.  I very much doubted that Sony would
cover defects
in other companys equipment so I went ahead and tried to fix it myself.
Ahem to fix this without taking apart my remote I tried extracting it
first by trying to bore into it with a pin in the hope of pulling the
sucker out. Anyway this turned out to be impossible while trying to grab

it I accidently pushed it in
actually it went in all the way to the end!! there must be quite a bit
of room down there. Anyway
my remote worked fine for quite a while after this until the contacts
gave out no doubt due to stress or something trouble is now I need a new

one. If any engineer knows a fix for this cheaper than
buying a new one I'd love to hear from you :-)
</long desc>

I have asked a Sony shop to enquire about getting me one.
Anyway what I need to know is the RM-MZR55 remote fully compatible with
the RM-MZR50 remote? for the obvious reason the RM-MZR50 remote may not
be available anymore.
I know the back-light won't work but that's ok I just want to know that
everything else does.

The other possiblity of course if this remote turns out to be hideously
expensive is to buy myself
a sony E-990 cd player which has a funky remote that I have heard is
very compatible to the MZR-50
can anyone tell me more about this?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
I'll look for your responses in the digest though direct emails would be

very much appreciated.

----
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Daniel Lower
My web page: http://www.daboone.net/
ICQ: 14881470   Linux the choice of a GNU generation.

 === MIME part removed : text/x-vcard; ===