The NW-MS7 press release gave a launch date of December 21, 1999. It was
announced on the same day as those three Vaio peripherals.

The MagicGate sticks can be used like normal sticks in any other equipments,
but the walkman will only accept MagicGate sticks.

Now, Sony says ATRAC3 compression gives MD-like quality. And they said MD
gives CD-like quality. Notice the difference? :)  In case you're a Mac
user... the software that comes bundled with the walkman is Windows only.

Leon