Hi,

I just got a Sony PCV-E302DS Digital Studio computer primarily for its
slink integration ability (and price, since it is pretty old)  I have it
connected to my CDP-CX240 200 disk changer, and MDS-JE630 MD deck.  The
software that came with it works OK for playing disks from either
machine, but is somewhat limited in recording. I would like to grab info
from CDDB or FreeDB, to title the disks/tracks in the changer, and MD
deck.  The sony software allows me to title the disks in the changer
manually, and stores the information locally.  The changer itself will
only store short (~12 character) track names.  The MD Editor software is
fairly flexible.  It will allow you to build a playlist of CD tracks
(from the DVD-rom, or the external changer), or any playable audio files
for output to MD through the optical connection.  It allows you to enter
titles for any of these, but again doesn't use an online DB for
disk/track names, and doesn't seem to use the ID3 info from MP3s
either.

I read back a little bit in the archives (the search function doesn't
seem to be working, sorry if this has been addressed before), and saw
mention that the S-link port on the DS computers accepts s-link commands
sent to it via serial (I believe it is using com3 or 4)  Is there any
software available that can do the machine control and/or titling from
online DBs?  Alternately, is there software that can insert the info
into the local DB the Sony software uses "md1.db"

Thanks for any thoughts and information, sorry for the long first post.
--
Stephen Oetjen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>