J. C. R. Davis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) asks:

<<My question is this:  I have heard of those doohickeys where you turn
your radio to a dead station (e.g. 88.x) and connect it to your MD
player.  Do these work well?  If so, all the time or just in certain
conditions (e.g. a sunny day, or in the country)?  Does anybody know how
much they run for?  Any related experiences would prove very helpful.
Thank you.>>

I have the soundfeeder that plugs into the cigarette lighter, powers the md,
and sends a radio feed to the car stereo.  I'm not real happy with it. The
frequency doesn't lock in, it tends to drift.  I'd rather it had a fixed
frequency (or digital selector instead of a rotary dial) that I could lock
into.  It doesn't really care where it is or what the weather conditions
are, it seems to work the same all the time.

I bought it to replace the cassette adapter I had that my car stereo would
try to "autoreverse" at odd times, interrupting the play.

Lately I've been using neither.  I'm looking for an MD head unit, but not
having much luck at that, either. I'd have to special order at one store
across town that I called, others nearby won't even do that for me.