I need to get rid of one pretty beat up looking Sony MDS-501.
I bought it broken, got it working once by increasing laser power a tiny
bit.  It worked for a week.  Then I stored it for 6+ months.  When I
tried an MD in it again, I got "Disc Error".  So AGAIN I had to increase
laser power again just a little bit to get it working again.  I'm sure
it is not reliable, but surely there must be an MD hacker out there that
wants to play with it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=307506128

--
Shawn Lin