#1 - Everyone keeps trying to defend the sound quality while the popularity
of mp3 clearly demonstrates that it's not an issue.

#2 - Portability, robustness, editing capabilities and size are the main
points with sound quality that I can't tell from cd, nor would I care to
descern. Not to insult the audiofiles because I have my own passions and
would never demean the passions of another.

#3 - Copy the cd cover, reduce it to 2.5" vertical and print it out on an
inkjet on photo paper. Then stick it to the inside of the md case and don't
it look like the coolest thing?

#4 - Price: The cost plus the fact that the format requires you to invest in
a recorder as well as any players you might want. This is because the music
industry for some reason decided not to support it with pre-recorded
selections. Probably because the things cost so much that they knew
everybody would be too cheap to buy them.

Well, I use md, enjoy it and have enough recorded discs full of crap that I
could probably get by for about 6 Puscarian years on my own should the
bottom drop out of the whole thing.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6