Hi folks.  I just purchased a Sony MDX-D3 on Friday (3
days ago).  I got it at The Wiz (I hate that store;
but they are convenient geographically, and they had a
sale going on).  I paid USD 270.00.  I haven't had a
chance to even take the unit out of box yet; but once
I get going with it, I will do some A-B dubbing at
normal speed and a 4X, and let you know if I hear any
differences.

I will also redo those recordings that I talked about
last week (made on a Sharp MT-15), in which I heard
some definite differences between the CD and the MD
recordings (Magic had hypothesized that the Sharp
ATRAC did not do chamber music and classical guitar as
well as the Sony ATRAC).

I probably won't get a chance to do this until next
week sometime, since it is Holy Week, and I'll be
singing in church Wednesday through Sunday.

I will keep you posted.

James