Hi,

There's no gumstick-sized Li-ion batteries at the moment.

A while ago I did some research on polymer Li-ion batteries, now often used
on new cell phones. What I found was that the cell phone batteries are at
least the size of two gumsticks lined up side by side, yet their spec is
identical/smaller to Sharp's non-polymer Li-ion batteries (3.6V, 600mAH).

If the material doesn't have higher energy density than they are now, a
gum-sized polymer Li-ion battery wouldn't necessarily hold out longer than a
Ni-MH.

I could be wrong... actually I wish I'm wrong, because I'd like to see the
advantage of polymer Li-ion do something good for the portables. :)

Leon