On Fri, 12 May 2000 12:03:21 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  A question on the everlasting "End Search" dispute:
>
>  Scenario: I'm listening to a MD with a Sharp (or other than Sony brand)
>  portable. I press 'stop' and the unit auto-shuts-off. After an hour or so
>  resume listening.
>
>  Question: does the md start from where I stopped listening before (1) or
>  does it start from the beginning again (2)?

On all of my units, so long as permanent power isn't removed (ie unplug the
bookshelf, take the battery out of my portable, *possibly* remove my car's
head unit / disconnect battery), and they're effectively in standby or have
maintanence voltages available, they all remember where I was previously up
to and start from there.

>  If the answer is (1), then I really don't understand the "End search"
button
>  on Sony portables.

I'm not sure any of us really understand why it's there ;-) I can only see
negatives for this.

Neil