my guess is you are using a 220 volt to 110 volt transformer.  That
makes it 10 volts or 10% too high for the recorder.  I think you may
have to do this.  http://www.minidisc.org/120_100vac_conversion.html

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways