this is an excerpt from British magazine Hi-Fi news & record
rewiev, May issue....

"The 1999 Hi-fi show was certainly intriguing...but the van den Hul demo
somewhat threw me and I suspect many others as well. Mr. A J Hul was there
himself, asking people for their views on the difference in sound between
two
alternative sources played through B&W 802s and his own amplifiers. Everyone
in the room agreed the first example seemed preferable, with a fuller, more
focused sound. He carried out the comparison several times more....We still
thought the first sounded better, before he went on to tell us, with a wry
smile, that we preferred a 16-bit\44.1 kHz CD being played on a Sony SACD
player to the original 24-bit 96 kHz master tape on a Nagra D tape deck!
What's more, he agreed with us."

Comments? And they're talking about "we can't recommended MD format yet"?
Maybe master tapes too?