Well, until yesterday I would have vouched for the fact that the MZ-R50
was the best portable MD that Sony had produced; however, during only the
second time of using it to RECORD outside sounds since I've had it, ( I use
a JB-920 for home recordings,) I discovered that it is not able to record.
The "red" indicator light comes on, and on playback you can discern that a
recording seems to be taking place, but no discernible recording is
apparent. I have my fingers crossed that it is some switch that has been
turned-off in error instead of something more seriously wrong with the
innards. Anyone have any suggestions as to what needs to be done to
pin-point where the fault really lies ? Thanks.