Hi Guys,
        I was down visiting Washington DC and I stopped at the Sony Outlet store in
Grove City.

        They had B stock MDX-C800rec MD head units for 292.  This is this year's model
that records to MD!  Since it is so new, it is unlikely warranty items.

        They also had the MDX62 MD changer for 229, MDX65 MD changer for 279 (I think).
They also have some MDX400 in dash 4 MD changers for 229.  I was going to pick
one of these up, until they told me I need an external amp to use it.

        They also have numerous MD head units up to 2 years ago.  I picked up a 7900
for 179.

        From now until Sept. 2000, Sony is offering $150 cash back on the purchase of
the MDX-c800rec and a 10 disc changer (636,737,838).  With the already low price
of 292 plus the $150 cash back, this is a steal!  I was going to get this but
unfortunately, it's only valid for US residents!  (online prices for the
MDX-C800rec are about 500!)

        Note that these prices are all for refurbished/b stock items.  They carry the
full warranty as new items ( 1 year parts/labour).  I was pleasantly surprised
when the MDX7900 I purchased looked new, new face plate, no scratches anywhere,
and came with mounting hardware.  I guess I didn't expect so much.

        Just a FYI.

W. Zhang
Speech and Information Processing Lab, University of Waterloo
519-884-4567x3138/x5228, DC3732

---
Quote of the Day:

    The suffering of the rich is among the sweetest pleasures
    of the poor.
                        R.M. Huber