Hi Everyone,

I mentioned a while ago that I was thinking of developing a USB->SP/DIF
interface, but I've just bought a Pine PT-2629 PCI sound card and PT-2630
optical interface board from http://www.dabs.com and I have to say it's
definitely the cheapest and best (at the price) way to get optical S/PDIF
on your PC.

I have the Pine card running along with my Maxi Sound 64 Home Studio 2
card, which is old but very good. The PT-2629 cost 13 GBP and the optical
I/O board (comsisting of a Sharp GP1F32R and a GP1F32T) was an extra 7 GBP.
Prices exclude VAT by the way, but delivery is free in the UK. Whole set up
for £23.50 - bargain!

I had fun with the Windows 2000 drivers - ended up using the Guillemot Maxi
Sound Fortissimo drivers (same Yamaha YMF744 chipset) and these work fine.
Windows 95/98/NT4 shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

Wrighty