Hi,

Has anyone out there (UK members specifically) had much experience in
purchasing MD equipment mail order from the US?

I have a friend in Arizona who would be willing to purchase an MD Player
on my behalf and send it to me here in the UK. Is there anything anyone
can recommend in order for this to be done without 'attracting' customs
charges, VAT etc? Can anyone shed any light on what the legalities of
this are?

If anyone has any experience of this I would be interested to hear any
advice you may have to offer. I assume that me doing it this way would
be better than purchasing direct from the mail order supplier and
getting them to ship it?

I am relatively new to this list and can appreciate that this could well
be a topic that has been heavily discussed before - apologies if this is
the case.

Kind regards,

Mathew