I have many different brands of blanks. 4 different recorder from 3 different
manufactures of varied vintage and have never had a problem going from one to the
other.

So far in spite of negative comments made about different brands, I have never had
a bad blank either.  And I can't hear any difference from brand to brand.

Rick correct me if I am wrong but aren't all ATRAC versions both backward and
forward compatible?

Thanks,
Larry