* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Mon, 17 Jul 2000
| Please don't answer my question by saying, "so you can tell the
| difference".

| Why are computer floppy disks spelled disk??  Yet CDs, CD ROMs, and Mini
| Discs spelled DISC??

"disc" and "disk" are synonyms.  "disk" is an American spelling; "disc" is
European (flavor vs. flavour).  More applicably, "disk" came out of the
computer industry in the US, and "disc" from the audio industry which had
global base 30 years ago.  Compact Disc used the audio convention, and
MiniDisc follows Compact Disc.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \