This in slightly off topic, but I don't really know
who to ask.  I've asked people who have both DSS and
DiSH and they don't know what I want to know, so here
goes.

You can get both DiSH network and DSS recievers with
optical outputs on them.  Everyone says that they will
output Dolby Digital when you watch a movie with Dolby
Digital in it.  That's nice and all, but will it
output PCM 44.1 16bit digital audio when you are
watching a program that doesn't have DD?  I want a
satellite system only for the music choice channels
and the few music video channels.

It seems like a great way to get free HQ music.  If
you can get a PCM digital output you can record to MD
digitally and get free music.  I'd also like to be
able to feed the digital output into my sound card's
digital input as well.  The problem is no one seems to
know whether it works this way.  I know one of the old
Sony's would do this, but Sony took the digital output
off their models for a year or so before putting it
back on.

Can anyone help me out?
Seth