Hi guys,

Its been around for months but the first official release version of
MS Media Player 7 is on the Microsoft Windoze update site, and though
I shudder as I type the following words about an MS product-- this is
just too cool to believe.

I've just touched the surface of its features but even its audio
playback screen has a fancy sound-to-light converter with loads of
types to choose from.  I believe it can rip CDs to MP3s but havent
checked for that yet.  At any rate it is light years ahead of the
previous version of Media Player (everytime I went to the MS update
and saw the Media Player 7 beta listed, I was tempted but resisted).

Normally I tend to slag off MS but this product at first sight seems
great, wots more it's free!!!  Is this MS trying to kill of Real and
MusicMatch and other multimedia software producers?  There must be an
ulterior motive behind this seemingly wonderful piece of software.

You guys are the best I know to ask, any thoughts on it?

Cheers,
 ___ ____________________________________________________________ ___
|   |                                                            |   |
| o |============================================================| o |
|   |          Gareth Bell - [EMAIL PROTECTED]           |   |
| o |------------------------------------------------------------| o |
|   |  _____                                 _____               |   |
| o | |  __ \  ____  _  _____  ____  _____  /  ___| _____  ____  | O |
|   | | |__| )|  __)(_)|  _  \|  __)|  _  \ | |  _ (____ \|__  / |   |
|   |   ICQ: 36892193  http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/    |   |
|   |            "An it harm none, do what thou wilt"            |   |