Hi there,

OK. I know I may be dreaming as I ask this question, but I figured that
it couldn't hurt to ask. And after watching this list for a few weeks,
you all seem to know everything there is to know about MD stuff... so
here goes.

Last winter I got a Sharp 722 portable. I got it to dupe CDs (my own, of
course, for personal use only....) and to bootleg live shows. Most of
the shows I record are small local acts in bars and clubs (I know the
bands usually and wouldn't dream of selling these for profit...). Since
I am recording in a small and dark club, it is really hard to see the
recording levels on this unit, though very important since the sound
guys are less than reliable... I have been carrying around a small
flashlight to keep an eye on my levels... but this is annoying to use,
obnoxious for folks around me, and really obvious when I am recording a
bigger band that I don't know.....

I know you can control the levels with the remote when recording and
that it has a backlight, but it doesn't show you the levels. My
question: Is there anyway to A) get the levels to appear on the remote
display? or B) get a backlight (or some sort of light on the dispaly)on
the main unit?

If not, and anyone has any bright ideas (ahh-hem), I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Charlie