Hey all,

I *really* need help on the above issue. I'm a minidisc (R50) owner,
looking to tape concerts with a fairly good mic. Due to the low NZ exchange
rate and postage costs, buying from sound-pros, core-sound etc... through
the internet is just too expensive. So it has to be one available in the
shops here. I did some research, and its down to these two:

Sony ECM-MS907
http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/home/accessories/microphonesfordigi
tal/ecm-ms907_specs.shtml
    * Frequency Response 100 - 15,000Hz
    * Maximum Sound Pressure Level Input more than 110 SPL

Sony ECM-DS70P
http://www.planetminidisc.com/planetminidisc/ecm-ds70p.html
    * Frequency Response: 100 to 15,000 Hz
    * Maximum Sound Pressure Input Level: >110dB SPL

Now, these 2 seem to basically have the same stats, but the 907 is twice as
much here.
Which is the best for live music? Nothing excessively loud - just standard
'alternative' rock. Is the 907 worth the extra $$?

Please reply to the list, or email me personally if you have an opinion or
experience with either one.

Thanks so much :)
Alan