You're missing my point. I can record from FM Radio because the RIAA have
struck a deal with the FM stations, so it costs me nothing. Let the RIAA
strike a deal with Napster and it still won't cost me anything. Nor should
it, if FM Radio doesn't. It just means that Napster is using modern day
technology that permits selectivity (choice) instead of FM radio that
bombards you with advertising and a take it or leave it programming. I don't
know about this "taking control" aspect, we've always had the "control" by
choosing whether we listen, whether we purchase radios, cd players, MD
players, you name it. Without us, where are the artists, the record
industry, and the manufacturers of the consumer electronics ? They're all
wasting their time if we choose not to play with their bat and ball. No
flaming intended.