las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2) I'd put money that I could go to Virgin records here in S.F. and
>> either find the stuff you mentioned on the racks, or could order them and
>> get them within a week.
>
>Which version?? How many CD's are you going to have to buy to get the
>10 songs that you want?

Lots -- but at least I'd be paying for it...

Hmmm... that raises an interesting moral/legal discussion. If I have paid
for a song, can I justify copying an alternate version of that song
without paying for it? What if a DJ/mixer was paid to remix the song, or
there were alternate producers or co-stars on the other version?

>>My undergraduate degree is in Pharmacy, so I still tend to follow the
>>industry news. I think that the prices drugs companies get is
>>outragous!! It is bull that they have to pay for R and D and testing.
>>The drug companies give modest grants to Universities who conduct the
>>majority of the studies.

Actually, I didn't write that, by the way ;-)

>The 20th Century way of distributing music is not acceptable any
>more. With the options that people have today, many people are no
>longer will to put up with the "buy 10 songs to get one" concept any
>more! "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore"
>(from the movie Network).

Or there's always the shorter quote from Twisted Sister ;-)

I agree with you on that one. I think we'll be seeing more ways to buy
specific tracks.