I use a Radio Shack "Portable CD Player Power Pack" (23-505) to power my Sony
PCM-M1 DAT recorder. The unit is essentially a CD-sized rechargeable lead acid
battery. I get hours of hum-free operation from each charge. It's great. Now I am
wondering if this device will work just as well with my Sharp 722 MD recorder. The
battery has a nominal 3 - 4.5 volt output, below the specified 5 volts called for
by the 722. Any thoughts? Would the relatively low voltage of the battery do any
damage by undercharging the Sharp battery? Any danger at all?

Jim Lee

James S. Lee    | Net: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Communication Studies, CB# 6235 | Phn: 919-962-4963
University of North Carolina - CH | Fax: 919-962-3305
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-6235  | Web: www.unc.edu/~jimlee/