>and Towel replied,
>
>| "Step Up Features" for the 940 over the 640 are:
>| Aluminium Front Panel
>| 2x Optical/ 1x Coaxial Input (640 has no coax)
>| Variable Coefficient Digital Filter 24 bit
>| R-Core Transformer
>| 1x Optical/ 1x Coaxial Output (again 640 has no coax)
>| Music Scan
>
>Even the JE5?0 machines have music scan; the 640 doesn't?

Um, I don't know, the magazine is at home now, those step up features were
just the ones marked in red, could be a misprint or misread.

>| AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!
>| Thick AC Cable
>
>How thick does it have to be?

No, I was just joking.  Aftermarket AC cables are big business for tweakers.
  Want to spend $500 on a cable from your wall to your amp?  I find the fact
that they exist staggering.  Now I'll just cram those worms back in the can
and tack weld the lid on, no-one saw me open it right?

>I probably couldn't find the New Zealand edition
>in the US, so thank you for sharing it.

Do you get a Sony mag called Pulse there?  Is it an international thing or
just here?

>| Also what is "Scale Factor"?
>
>Scale Factor Edit is a capacity to change the
>volume level of a track after it's been recorded.

Interesting, could be quite useful.

>(OK, maybe the coax ports.)

Heh!

>From: Richard Lang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>p.s. Towel - where in NZ did you score the Sony Pulse from?

Palmerston North's Leader & Watt.