Sony really is going all out this time, it seems. To the extent that they're
getting the news out on a week when so many people are on holiday in Japan.

Scary specs, too.
- a 20-disc settings database? Geez!
- speed control: do they need it for every equipment? :)
- They've gone back to rotary switches on the stick remote. The way volume
control is set doesn't look good.
- spindle runs at 3x speed, so what would that be? 1200-2700 rpm+? and we
thought R90/E90/E77 were noisy...

But having said all that, the good things...

- program play
- the R900 has the standard monaural recording mode;
- Sony bothers to make the E900 a gram lighter than the Panasonic MJ77.
- a RISC processor inside your MD portable sounds good.

This is the first time in a decade that I find Sony Walkmans desirable.
Depending on what Sharp comes up with, I'll definitely be considering these
two when I want MD-LP compatible units.

Leon :)