Yaniv asked,

| Can you copy digitally from a digital receiver radio signal?  Is it really
| digital?

That's what the MD recorder manuals say.

| Would the scms problems still be an issue?

The SCMS diagrams in the manuals of Sony MD recorders say that you can record
DBS signals, but depending on the tuner, or maybe depending on the signal,
the MD may come out SCMS-final or SCMS-penultimate.  We haven't been able to
figure out what makes the difference.  (I had a theory, but it didn't pan
out.)