"Nathan White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>That is exactly what I wanted to say, but I couldn't put words to my
>thoughts like you have. I think the Imac is another example of the
>"technophobe" gadget. The Imac seems so useless to me, but looks
>great, I must add. How could you ever add a soundcard with digital
>out, or a DVD-rom. Maybe it is possible, if that is the case, bad
>example.

The iMac is indeed for the entry-level consumer (like any sub-$1000
computer), but it's FAR, FAR, FAR from a "technophobe" gadget, and it's
FAR, FAR, FAR from useless.

If you need PCI expansion you don't buy an iMac or an iPaq or any other
non-PCI Mac or PC. There are different markets and different computers
for them. People buy iMacs and cheap non-PCI PCs because they want to
save money and they know that they personally will never need a PCI slot.
Lest this gets into a PC vs. Mac debate, I'll leave it at that.