At 9/14/00 4:43 PM, HK Hill increased the world's knowledge by typing:

>I took my Aiwa AM-F5 on a road trip, using a 4.5V cigarette lighter
>adapter(pretty sure it's 4.5). On day 3, the unit stopped working--tried
>recharging battery, but it wouldn't power up at all. I've had the unit for a
>couple of years and use it a lot. Do you all think I killed the battery,
>maybe it has reached the end of it's life, or have I killed the unit?

Batteries usually just die slowly. They just hold a little less of a
charge each time you recharge it. Usually you won't even realize it's
happening until you suddenly realize that you're only getting about 15
minutes out of a full charge instead of 6 hours (or something).

It sounds like your unit is broken. :-(

 Ed "What the" Heckman                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]