On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 19:32:30 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  James Jarvie wrote:
>
>  > All this talk of in-dash MD players makes me so
>  > depressed.  No way I'm ever going to get one (took me
>  > years to get my wife to let me get the CD player).  Oh
>  > well, still enjoy the MDs thanks to the aux in.
>  >

>  I think that a portable MD recorder is just fine.  You have the wired
>  remote (which on some units like the Aiwa F70 and 80 are backlit when
>  used on external power).  If you have an Aux on your receive (all the
>  Aiwa car Receivers that I know of still include them) you are set.
>
>  Buy some 80 minute blanks and compile a bunch of songs that you like.
>  Even of you are going on a long trip, having to change an MD every hour
>  and 20 minutes doesn't really seem like that much of an inconvenience to
>  me.
>
>  Besides, sooner or later you are going to have to make a pit stop.

I'd have to agree with Larry, here.

Now having an MD head unit, and previously using a portie and an adapter, I
think I'd much rather use a head unit with an AUX in, and a portie - it just
leaves your other options open (ie you can still use - shock, horror - tape,
or CD depending on your head unit).

Cheers

Neil