Possibly the BEST reason to read the Digest...

It let's you read ALL the messages of the day before you reply ;-)

For example, I had a couple nice, long, well-reasoned replies to some of
the posts made on this whole topic, trying to be fair and rational. But
before I sent them I finished reading my wonderful digest, and after
seeing some of the later messages, I realized that this whole topic was
becoming rather hilarious in its ridiculousness. So I deleted the
messages.

Gosh, maybe some good things come out of the digest after all <vbg>